I’ve Been Tagged… April 6, 2006Posted by scan man in Misc.
Tag: n. a children's game in which one chases the rest, and anyone who is caught then becomes the person doing the chasing.
I've been tagged…transcontinentally 😛
An anomalous property of tag is that although being "it" gives a player the most influence upon the game and thus could be considered the best role to play, the position is stigmatized and avoided. While most agree that the temporary stigma associated with being "it" is harmless, some have criticized tag because, they allege, a player who is often pursued to be made "it" or who is physically slow can be singled out and embarrassed. – Wikipedia.
I don't know if I've been tagged by Moof because of my 'slowness' 😉
I am embarassed…
I think I'll give it a go… & try to make a cultural exchange sort of thing…
The version of Tag that I used to play as a kid was called 'Police & Thieves'. 'It' was the 'Police man'.
4 Jobs I've had in my life
- Resident Junior Medical Officer
- Professional Student
- Chauffeur for my mother – during my school days. I'm writing this with the knowledge that she'll never get to see this.
4 Movies I could watch over and over
- Total Recall – I've seen it twice. I'll probably have to watch it over and over and over till I understand what is going on…
- Home Alone – 1, 2 & 3
- The Sound of Music
- M*A*S*H the movie (and DVDs of the TV series – 1st and 2nd season)
4 Indian movies I could watch over and over – I know I'm breaking the rules.Sorry 🙂
- Kamal Hasan's Tamil comedy movies – 'Sathi Leelavathi', 'Michael Madhana Kamarajan' & 'Thenali'.
- Dil Chahta Hai – the only Hindi movie that I think is work watching more than once.
4 Websites I visit regularly
- Google – I probably couldn't live or work without it.
- Wikipedia – for checking up on anything & everything, including the game 'Tag'.
- The Unofficial Apple Weblog.
- A whole lot of Radiology and Medical sites.
Favourite foods (I don't think I'll stop at 4)
- Idli and Vadai (the Indian version of Donuts – hot & spicy though) with my mom's Tomato Sambar & Coconut Chutney – The quintessential Tamil Nadu breakfast followed by Kaapi.
- Masala Dosai – folded rice pancake with spicy potato filling. To honour my Kannada origins.
- Tandoori Chicken with Lassi – The best of Punjabi cuisine.
- Biriyani (Mutton or Chicken) with tomato & onion raitha.
- Sarkarai Pongal – sweet rice dish.
- All kinds of Payasam (traditional South Indian pudding).
4 Places I would rather be right now
- At home with my wife and kid.
- Switzerland. Actually any place that's cold – today's high temperature here is 39 C (102 F).
- In a nice cool bar with an ice-cold beer in my hands.
- Any of the above
4 Most wonderful places I have been
4 Books I could read over and over
- Any book by P. G. Wodehouse.
- Any of the Discworld novels of Terry Pratchett.
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee.
- A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. I guess I'll have to read it over and over again to register even a fraction of the details in there 🙂
4 Songs I could listen to every day
- 'Vaseegara' by Bombay Jayshree, in the Tamil movie Minnale.
- 'Nothing Compares to You' – Sinead O'Connor.
- 'Eleanor Rigby' – The Beatles.
- 'Smooth' – Carlos Santana.
4 Reasons I blog
- To put random thoughts into words
- Try some creative writing… haven't succeeded yet…haven't given up either
- To meet like-minded people
- Suresh… He started me on this.
4 People to tag
I really don't want to do this to people that I don't know. However, in the spirit of the game & since these guys write so well in their blogs, I'd really love to know what they say..So here goes..
- Dr. Michael Hebert. (sorry, I couldn't get the accent over the e)
- Dr. Bob.
- Dr. John Crippen.
- Dr. Charles. and I'm sure you all will forgive me for adding one more..
Thank you Moofie. I find at the end that I really did enjoy this 🙂