World Health Day 2006 April 7, 2006Posted by scan man in Medicine, News.
Greetings to all Health Care Workers. This is our year…..
World Health Theme for 2006:
Working together for health.
- Educating and Training Health Workers.
- Supporting and helping Health Workers.
- Enhanicng the effectiveness of the Health Workforce.
- Tackling imbalances and inequities.
& lets remember what we are working to achieve
The Health-related Millennium Development Goals
- Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger. This goal includes as a target the halving between 1990 and 2015 of the proportion of people who suffer from hunger, with progress to be measured in terms of the prevalence of underweight children under five years of age. The target implies an average annual rate of reduction of 2.7 percent.
- Reducing child mortality. The target is to reduce by two-thirds between 1990 and 2015 the under-five mortality rate, equivalent to an annual rate of reduction of 4.3 percent.
- Improving maternal health. The target is to reduce by three-quarters between 1990 and 2015 the maternal mortality ratio, equivalent to an annual rate of reduction of 5.4 percent.
- Combating HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other diseases. The target is to halt and begin to reverse the spread of these diseases by 2015.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability. This goal includes as a target the halving by 2015 of the proportion of people without sustainable access to safe drinking water.
- Developing a global partnership for development. This goal includes as a target the provision of access to affordable essential drugs in developing countries.
Source: United Nations Millennium Declaration, the United Nations Millennium Summit 2000.